Sunday, November 2, 2008

Vernal/Canning



Last weekend we went to Vernal to visit Tyson's family.  while there we went four wheeling and found an amazingly beautiful canyon the picture does no justice.  The last picture is Dane and his cousin Daxton eating a snack.  They had so much fun together.  Dane's favorite thing to do was tackle him and I think Daxton was not really sure how to handle the situation.  Kemarie of course was more than happy to boss them around and loved the attention from Grandma and grandpa.  

Canning
The last thing we did was can apple sauce.  It was fun especially since the apples were free.  We did learn that we need to remember to add the water we boiled the apples in to thin out the sauce.  I don't have any canning pictures but I am very proud of myself because I canned  12 quarts freezer jam, 24 quarts of peaches, 16 quarts of pears, 18 pints of Salsa, and 17 quarts of apple sauce.  First time canner and all with the help of my wonderful mother in law and my good friend Jessica.  Thanks for all the help.

No comments: